Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Coming Full Circle

Well it seems that a year has passed by unbelievably quick. I have started back at the begining of my yearly training routine, which is where I was when I first created this blog. It has been an interesting year, with some successes and disapppointments. I can't say there were any failures, and the whole year was dedicated to increasing my cycling, both its abilities and the amount of cycling I was doing. I did both. I saw some big improvements in some areas, and I participated in new events, learning something about myself and my abilities in each of them. I did not DNF any events, although I was DFL several times. I participated in every event I signed up for.
So it is time to set some goals for next year. I have decided to focus on gaining strength and becoming more consistent in my performances. I am aware that part of my consistency issue is related to current health problems, but I believe that the more I learn to manage those the more they will not interfere with my performance. So, its off to the gym and back to carefully tracking my progress.

1 comment:

ojulius said...

Awesome job this year, and good luck with next year's progress!

On the Podium at 24HITOP

On the Podium at 24HITOP
I deserve that beer

First Lap 24 HITOP

First Lap 24 HITOP
Feeling good