Friday, October 9, 2009

It's Official

It's official, I set and met a goal - I won the SingleSpeed category for the NMORS Series. I decided last year after trying a few of these short course sprint, traditional XC races I would ride 5 races allowing to meet the 4 race minimum to win a category. I selected races I had ridden before, and courses I was familiar with, showed up and rode hard every race. In the series showing up and finishing is the name of the game rather than winning the individual races.
Official results are out and I get the championship jersey. More importantly this was the first year a female raced enough races in that category to take the jersey, and we had nine women race SS in the series. Hopefully there will be more and more women come out to race SS at these races. The men's field is usually pretty competative and hopefullly the ladies will catch on to the fun of passing a geared rider with their lonley, single gear.....
I'm not at all a sprinter, endurance baby, endurance. But I do have fun at these races and so I'll definately race a handful next year.

No comments:

On the Podium at 24HITOP

On the Podium at 24HITOP
I deserve that beer

First Lap 24 HITOP

First Lap 24 HITOP
Feeling good