Monday, March 31, 2008

Getting My Butt Kicked

As promised I hauled myself down to El Paso for the first race in the NMORS series this weekend. And I got my butt handed to me. These "short course" races are tough. To describe the course: everythhing I hate about the Cedro trails and more! I am obviously way to used to these courses set up for endurance. I think I am as sore, and more beat up than I was after 24 HITOP!
One redeeming thing about just being able to finish the race is that NMORS is a series, so points are awarded for places from 1st through 15th. In the women's side of things, very few women show up to these, so although I did not place at the race, I received decent points in my age category towards the points race. NMORS has added women's age catgories this year, which is why I decided to try at least a few of these...to support this change.
A shout out to my BWR teammates Lenny, Doug, and Chris and his son Ayden for their finishes and their support and wisdom! I really appreciate it all guys!!
And a very special shout out to my girl, who is recovering from major surgery...even with limited ability...the best crew and suport ever.

1 comment:

ojulius said...

J had some surgery?!? How's she doing?

Great job at the NMORS. Lots of opportunity to do well there if you show up to enough of them! If I could get motivated to do all that driving, I'd probably give it a shot myself. :)

On the Podium at 24HITOP

On the Podium at 24HITOP
I deserve that beer

First Lap 24 HITOP

First Lap 24 HITOP
Feeling good