Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Countdown

Well, it's the final hours before I head over, car packed like I'm fleeing with all my worldly possessions, to Tucson to 24 HiTOP. Not sure weather we will go in Wednesday evening or early Thursday morning. Appears Oracle (closer to venue than Tucson) has been getting some very wintery weather. As usualy the weather looks likely to be crap for this event.
Everyone can "watch" the results from the website. Just click the link for realtime results. I'm racing in the co-ed duo category, team name SHIFTLESS! J is racing a 4 person female team named the Hooey Voodoos.
Spent the entire last 2 weekends prepping gear, spening too much money on gear, and packing. The amount of crap to do for these is ridiculous. This could be the last 24 for me for a little while. I may just race the NMES events and 12 hour events. Less preparing, more fun.
Today I have a long list of odds and ends to wrap up. Getting things done for work - both the practice and teaching. Blood draw in preparation for my three month check-up to see if these meds for the thyrois disease are working at all at the higher dosage. Most importantly I have to go get P.I.T.A. from the shop - P.I.T.A. is the new name for the Siren. Every ride on that thing has been one problem or another. Currently the chain tension will not hold with the Ahrens sliders. It either goes too slack dropping the chain into the rear spokes or too tight. I have yet to figure out what I did to destroy my new bike karma, but its got to be something bad for horizontal sliders to move backwards and tighten tension. I have yet to understand how thats even possible, although Physics was not a strong subject for me. Still -
Hopefully the guys at Bikeworks got it figured out and get me in running order so I can ride the darn thing worry free and mechanical free. Well, my list of things to do is not getting shorter, so I better quite playing around here. See you next week after the suffer-fest!

No comments:

On the Podium at 24HITOP

On the Podium at 24HITOP
I deserve that beer

First Lap 24 HITOP

First Lap 24 HITOP
Feeling good