Wednesday, April 22, 2009

First short course race of year


So last weekend I raced my first shortcourse of the year...the xc course in Socorro, NM. I was the only chica brave enough to race SS, so I took first naturally. But the best news is that I felt I had too hard a gear running 32/18 and indeed there were times I could barely keep it rollin - BUT I ran 12 minutes faster than last year. Meaning 12 minutes faster than on the geared bike. I would have done better, but the tall gear caused me to cramp up second lap out. Check the pic - top of the nasty hill 5 yards from finish - if it were not for the cow bells, and people cheering I would have rolled back down the hill.

No comments:

On the Podium at 24HITOP

On the Podium at 24HITOP
I deserve that beer

First Lap 24 HITOP

First Lap 24 HITOP
Feeling good