Saturday, February 2, 2008

Getting Noticed

Went out for my last long ride today. It was one problem after another. The 10 month old shock on my singlespeed blew yesterday. So today was the geared bike. I damaged a rotor a while ago , have not taken the time to repair it and it gave me problems this am. Then when I got going - flat. After the climb up to the trails - another flat.
The thing that did make me grin today was this: I got stopped by some guy on the trail that wanted to know which race I was going to. He stopped me because he saw my kit - the big ol' BWR logo. Guess this team I joined is starting to get peoples' attention. With one guy going to mas-e-menos and more than half a dozen of us going to Old Pueblo .... and the results posted by team members last year.... I guess people are taking notice of the team. Weird. Kinda puts pressure on me to live up to those standards.
Now off to fix that Singlespeed. I'm racing solo in that category and only have one bike, better go get it running.

No comments:

On the Podium at 24HITOP

On the Podium at 24HITOP
I deserve that beer

First Lap 24 HITOP

First Lap 24 HITOP
Feeling good