Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Thanks to Sponsors

I want to make a special post to say thank you to all of the Team BWR sponsors. Most of them are listed and linked to at the BWR website . I want to give special thanks to Christina P Argyres, Attorney at Law for sponsoring me and encouraging me. I wish her the best of luck in her quest to be nominated onto the 2008 ballot for Metropolitan Court Judge.
And to C:Change in Chicago Illinois for sponsoring me (and employing my lil sister). C:Change has lent an awesome hand with logos for some of our other sponsors. They also allowed my sister a day off work to fly to Tucson to support me and to race on a four person women's team. That team rode for fun, but finished well and had a great time. My sister has come to Tucson every year I have raced except one. She a marathon runner, but the last two years we have thrown her ona bike and sent her out. She isn;t fast, but let me tell you, for a gal from the midwest that doesn't ride offroad much, she's a trooper. Thanks again C:Change for giving her a chance to become a part of your team and for sponsoring mine!
These tweo sponsors' logos are placed on the Team BWR race kits. At Tucson those logos made 82 laps around the course for 1, 312 miles and 98.4K feet of elevation gain.

1 comment:

Lamela said...

Hey sista!

I just wanted to tell you and the rest of your blog buddies that I am so proud of you after this race.
I know you were in a lot of pain and were feeling pretty crappy at 2:30 in the morning. I also know you would have been very disappointed in yourself if you had to call it a race at that point. But you dragged your butt back on the course at dawn. And then managed to get through yet another lap to hold onto 2nd place.
I know part of you loves doing these races and part of you (the part that just wants to drink beer & work on bikes) hates doing it. But I think you are starting to learn what works for you and what doesn't...so don't give it up yet. Besides, I am really starting to like this biking stuff too.

I am really glad I came out for the race. It was certainly a rough start but it turned into a great race. It was great to hang out with the BWR peeps and I almost felt like part of the bike community out on the course this time. My lap times were super slow this year but I had a rockin' good time tearing up the His and Hers singletrack on the Turner. Man I love that bike. I looooved the new singletrack this year too.
Anyway, thanks for everything you did to get me out there, for having food, drink, and gear for me. Thanks for letting my ride the Turner (my secret lover)! Thanks to all the BWR riders and crew for hangin' out with me and supplying us with cowbell. Thanks to Lenny for changing my flat ten times faster than I would have so I could go out for one more lap. Thanks to my team for riding with me and to Kelly for truckin' through that slow last lap for me. Oh, and for the ride to Phoenix!
When are we doing this again?!?!

On the Podium at 24HITOP

On the Podium at 24HITOP
I deserve that beer

First Lap 24 HITOP

First Lap 24 HITOP
Feeling good