Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Drunk Log riding and a game of Foot Down

So came home today from work and my left ankle is huge. My leg has been tender and sore since I wiped out riding down a downed tree obstacle Saturday night out in Gallup. Its progressivley more tender - so I am going to wait another day for my HIT workouts. Since I have been remiss to post, I have been mostly getting miles on the road bike (UGH!!!) since most of the mountain trails are closed because of fire danger and I have been doing high intensity workouts. I definately am getting something out of the HIT's but I think I really need a lot more long rides, so for the next several weekd I'm going back to my last year's weekend workouts of really long rides two days a week. If I don't I'm afraid I will not improve over last year's showing at the Sage. That was my first solo 24 hour race and I have another one under my belt now, so I hope to be able to get at least 9 or 10 laps this year.
Othewr than that I'm working alot because if all goes well Thursday I'll have a beautiful Siren Frame to start building into a light, fast race ride!
Ok, now to catch up on work since I spent most of the day checking Siren Mary's blue dot. See she made it to Cuba, NM and is being held back a little by storms. Hopefully by morning she can head out into reservation and get through Grants! Go Mary!!

No comments:

On the Podium at 24HITOP

On the Podium at 24HITOP
I deserve that beer

First Lap 24 HITOP

First Lap 24 HITOP
Feeling good