Sunday, July 27, 2008

What's less than 3 pounds and sexy?

My new SS Siren Frame"> frame from Siren bikes. She's 2.93 pounds with a clear anodized finish. Brenden kindly put pink decals on it to keep the theme on my single speeds - my other SS is a Bianchi P.U.S.S. This is going to be the race bike, so I have spent the better part of last week pouring over parts prices and weights. I'm going for a 16-18 lb built-up bike, but we'll see what I can actually manage - light parts are expensive! So far I think I have decided on White Industries ENO crank and chainring, phil wood BB, King Kog, On One Mary Bar,Syntace P6 carbon seatpost. Still deciding on fork and wheels. Light suspension forks (3 lbs) are few, so my options are few. Wheels, depends on whether I go disc or rim brakes - I have yet to decide, the latter saving over 1.5 pounds.... so many options.

1 comment:

ojulius said...

Can't wait to see the built up pics!!

On the Podium at 24HITOP

On the Podium at 24HITOP
I deserve that beer

First Lap 24 HITOP

First Lap 24 HITOP
Feeling good