Wednesday, September 17, 2008

It's coming along

The new Siren Single Speed is 90% built. I was missing rear v-brake bosses, so production halted Monday night just shy of a complete bike. Bosses have been rummaged and brakes are now on. I just need to run the cable and housing, which will require a titch of ingenuity as the bike has v-brake bosses but does not really have v-brake cabeling mounts... so I have to run a full length of cable and find one of those v-brake cable guides that were made for putting v-brakes on old mountain bikes that originally had canti brakes. Yeah, I know, I should have just gone with the disc brakes. And I may still do so, but we'll run it this way this winter and decide whether to upgrade (have a set of mechanical disc brakes in the shop on stnadby) before Tucson.
I also decided after I say upon the mostly complete bike that I really do prefer the Mary BAr, so I will eventuially have to swap out bars. But I'll post pics for all waiting as soon as I have the brakes cables ran. Check back Friday. Saturday I'll put her on dirt at the La Madera trail opening celebration.

No comments:

On the Podium at 24HITOP

On the Podium at 24HITOP
I deserve that beer

First Lap 24 HITOP

First Lap 24 HITOP
Feeling good