Sunday, September 21, 2008

It's complete - well sort of

The Siren is complete - sort of. It weight in at 19.3 lbs - which means it's as twitchy as Tweak. I'll put a Mary Bar on it the coming week, and I may need to get a longer stem, because once I got the seat adjusted I was too crunched up. Not sure I can go back to V-brakes, so I think the disc brakes may go on, which would add weight, which may help the bike stabalize. I put 20 miles on it today in really familiar territory. It may have just been me today, but it felt like it just would not climb. I felt like the brakes were always on. I'm going out Wednesday to see if a different day changes the feel - we have to keep in mind some days my body does not cooperate and I cannot always tell when I'm having a "bad" day. She corners very nicely, although both uphil and downhill I kept loosing the rear end. I'll change tire pressure and make a few other adjustments and see if I can't get her more dialed in, possibly go a little wider tire. I think this bike will rock Tucson in the Spring. Pics available here.

No comments:

On the Podium at 24HITOP

On the Podium at 24HITOP
I deserve that beer

First Lap 24 HITOP

First Lap 24 HITOP
Feeling good